The village name Aston, or Eastun, is Anglo-Saxon for Eastern Estate. A Danish chief called Tolf, or Wolf possessed this land in the time of Edward the Confessor He gave the land to The Holy Church Of Alban The Martyr, where he wished to be buried. The Abbot was still the holder of Aston Abbotts when the Domesday Book was written in 1086.After the Dissolution the land passed through several owners until it was sold eventually to Lord Overstone. Upon inheriting the estate his daughter, Lady Wantage, sold off much of the land and the houses to the sitting tenants in 1919. Blocks of Overstone cottages are still to be seen in several places around Aston Abbotts.
Aston Abbotts is a small village located around 5 miles (8km) North-East of Aylesbury, the county town of Buckinghamshire, England. It has a population of less than 500, a church, a pub [currently closed, future uncertain], a village green, a recently-renovated village hall, an alpaca farm, two livery stables , and a helipad. Aston Abbotts is Buckinghamshire’s Best Kept Village (less than 500 residents) of 2019.The village of Aston Abbotts has been here for around 1000 years. This is our website. To find out a little more about our village please step inside and look around.